Employers interested in posting their job openings on the LEDA Virtual job fair (at no cost) can send job description, qualifications, and application method to LEDA's Director of Workforce Development by email
In addition to posting your vacancies on LEDA's website, positions are also distributed to a network of workforce centers and educational institutions as appropriate.
TITLE: Mortgage Loan Processor LOCATION: Main Office, Lafayette, LA
REPORTS TO: Mortgage Loan Manager STATUS: Full Time, Non Exempt
Gather and analyze financial information on members for the purpose of determining qualifying status for mortgage loans. Collate, review and verify a myriad of loan documents for accuracy for real estate transactions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Process loan to include verification of employment, deposit accounts, and all liabilities in order to prepare application of verified information.
2. Request and review real-estate appraisal.
3. Request flood certification to determine if property is or is not in a flood zone.
4. Order title work from attorney. Review Title Commitment when received for liens and correct names.
5. Obtain copy of current homeowner’s insurance and flood insurance (if applicable) and make sure mortgage clause is in favor of credit union.
6. Help Mortgage Loan Officer prepare closing package, researching and resolving all items in the closing package to ensure closing process is on-time and documentation is complete and accurate.
7. Help to set up loans on Data Processing System.
8. Assist in setting up escrow accounts.
9. Request pay-offs for loan closings.
10. Prepare HMDA reporting.
11. Collect assessment numbers on all real estate properties mortgaged to the credit union and track tax status of the mortgaged property on an annual basis.
12. Review General Ledger account numbers 801-920 & 801-700 to insure accuracy.
13. Special projects as needed.
1. Professional, well-developed knowledge of credit union policies, some knowledge of NCUA Rules and Regulations pertaining to Home Mortgage Disclosure Act
2. Work requires knowledge of consumer loan policy, credit granting criteria, interest rates and how they are computed, and required documentation for each type of loan.
These characteristics are normally acquired through completion of a high school education plus completion of additional coursework in lending or bookkeeping. At least three years of experience in a lending department or branch office of a credit union or financial institution required. Notary Public commission preferred.
4. Work requires sitting for the majority of the day. Work also requires occasional lifting of up to 35 pound and occasional bending, squatting, reaching and kneeling in order to access credit union records.
Application Requirements: Email resume to email@example.com
Click below to find more information on visiting the local Business & Career Solutions Center at 706 E. Vermilion Street, Lafayette, LA where staff can assist you with resume preparation assistance, job search assistance, and referrals to training and employment opportunities.