Cloud Operations Engineer
- CloudOps Engineers are responsible for the standardization, management, and adoption of services and solutions needed to support technology initiatives.
- This role serves as a key integration specialist and cross-functional resource for traditional (on-premise) infrastructure, hybrid cloud solutions, and development teams as the company works towards a more agile cloud environment.
- This position works with respective technology teams on aspects related to the requirements of cloud architecture and automation including requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, documentation, and deployment of solutions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Developing applications, services, tools, and other technical systems utilizing infrastructure as code and DevOps tooling and solutions.
- In addition to maintaining skills for cloud technologies utilized within the department, they help to foster the growth and understanding of automation, infrastructure as code, and cloud environments for cross-functional technology groups across the company.
- Applicants need to comply with defined security, infrastructure, and development standards/procedures.
- They must be able to communicate daily progress to their team and interact with other areas of the business.
- Most importantly, they need to be able to work with users/teams to determine requirements and be able to present technical solutions in a way that is understood by a broad audience.
- Highly motivated
- Passionate about technology
- Eager to learn
- Able to work both independently and with a team
- Able to come up with innovative solutions to challenging problems
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Background should be in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Infrastructure Administration, or a related field.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate a history of academic and/or professional success.
- This position will report directly to a Cloud Ops Engineer lead and demonstrate the ability to work directly with peers and users.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills is a must.
- Candidates should either have obtained or be working towards earning advanced/professional certifications from AWS.
- 2-4 Years' Experience
- Design Patterns
- Debugging Tools and Practices
- Databases (Relational & Document)
- Cloud Services (AWS)
- Agile Development Methodologies (Scrum)
- Source Control (Git)
- Familiarity with Infrastructure As Code (AWS CDK, CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.stuller.com/careers/
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: June 16, 2022
Application Deadline: August 18, 2022
Job Type: Full-time