Teradata Engineer w/ Python (or any OOP)
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Write unit tests and automated acceptance tests.
- Work on a variety of development projects on a Teradata platform NCE
- Work with business stakeholders and other SMEs to understand high-level business requirements
- Work with the Solution Designers and contribute to the development of project plans by participating in the scoping and estimating of proposed projects
- Apply technical background/understanding, business knowledge, system knowledge in the elicitation of Systems Requirements for projects
- Support other team members in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, user acceptance, and operational acceptance testing; participate in automation testing of developed systems/solutions
- Adhere to existing processes/standards including the project development lifecycle, business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines and escalate issues as required
- Prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines
- Support a positive work environment that promote service to business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 5+ Years experience in writing Teradata scripts using BTEQ language to solve the business problems.
- Expertise in Teradata Parallel Transporter, SQL, BTEQ, MLoad, Fastload, FastExport.
- Excellent skills in Performance Tuning for Teradata BTEQ scripts.
- Experience in creating scripts using UNIX shell scripting to execute Teradata utilities.
- Strong knowledge in Teradata data warehouse architecture.
- Hands on experience in extracting data from Oracle,DB2 and SQL Server data source and applying business transformations & loading into Teradata database.
- Good knowledge of Agile principles
- 2+ years of Programming experience in Python or any Object Oriented Programming or Shell Scripting
- Experience with Agile methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlog.
- 5 years of experience with Teradata
- 2 years of experience with Python or Object Oriented Programming and/or Shell Scripting
Nice to have Skills:
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud technologies , AWS experience is preferable.
- 2+ years in Test Driven Development (TDD), and/or Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) is a plus
- Experience in Teradata Vantage.
Required Education: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: May 19, 2022
Application Deadline: August 22, 2022
Job Type: Full-time